Friday, March 14, 2008

One of my challenge: Stand on your own feet!


Today is my second friday in Singapore. So, it's been 2 weeks I live here..

I just think that the challenge of having internship here is not what I will do or the challenge of my job description here.. but the challenge is how to be able to stand on your own feet..

In Indonesia, I run this kind of project for several times.. and in Indonesia I run the projects with the team that I know each of them for a long time before. I know a lot of people in Indonesia, so if I need something, there is always a place for me to go.. Here, in Singapore, I should learn how to be independent and really able to stand on my own feet..

I feel very new in Singapore.. I already know fiew people here, I just know all the habits and the way of work all the people here.. Everything still new for me.. And sometimes I just feel don't know what I can do and let all the things flow..

Yesterday, we had an event in NUS to break the record of Singapore's Book Records with the largest display of 20 cents coins on the World Map. We had invited all the people there to give their coins to put on the World Map. And we also had several activities there. We invite people to buy the flowers that made by HIV patients with 2 dollars for each, then we have HIV/AIDS exhibition, and we challenge many people to do quiz by Standard Chartered Bank to get to know how much they know about HIV/AIDS. Actually I enjoy everything that I did in this event and I think this is a very unique way to campaign the HIV/AIDS issue. We learn so much and share so much about HIV/AIDS to other people.

I will never regret for all these learning and experience. I sacrifice a lot of things for this experience and it's worth! I feel my life has been appreciated with all these great experience..

1 comment:

Lintang Blog said...

Nice story sist..
just be your self in every trouble that come across to you..
kept your blog up date sist.. share every experience on your first internship experience..
hahay.. smangatt..